Updated as of December 1, 2021
This page is updated the first and third Wednesday of every month with news and report release information. For a schedule of report releases, please see our Report Calendar.
Released to the Public
- The School Grades report is based on the Michigan School Grades System in which schools receive up to five letter grades and three ranking labels for various school performance components.
- The English Learners Exited from English Learner Services metric, which shows the number of students exited from EL services in a given school year, has been updated on the English Learner Dashboard.
- Length of Time Receiving English Learner Services shows the median number of years students were enrolled in EL services before exiting. This metric has been updated on the English Learner Dashboard and the Parent Dashboard.
- The Top 30/Bottom 30 Analysis report shows information on students who score in the top 30%, middle 40% or bottom 30% on state tests. The data are broken out into multiple subgroups including race/ethnicity, gender, grade, and program participation, which identifies if a student is economically disadvantaged, an English learner, homeless, or disabled.
- Student-level data will be available for secure users only in the Summative Accountability and English Learner Accountability files located on the Accountability Downloads page.
- The Annual Education Report displays detailed information on student assessment, accountability, educator qualifications, National Assessment of Educational Progress, and Section 1003 School Improvement funds for schools, districts, and the state.
- The Early Childhood Program Participation report shows the number of children enrolled in select early childhood programs prior to kindergarten.
- The Former English Learner Students metric on the English Learner Dashboard shows a cumulative count of all students at a selected location who exited from EL services since 2011-12.
- The following metrics on the Parent Dashboard will be updated:
- English Learner Participation shows whether at least 95% of English Learner students took the WIDA test.
- English Learner Progress shows the percent of English Learner students making progress on the WIDA test.
- Progress shows the percent of students demonstrating progress on the SAT, PSAT, M-STEP and MI-Access state tests.
- Test Participation shows whether at least 95% of enrolled students took state tests in all subject.
- Head Start, GSRP and GSRP/Head Start Blend providers with secure accounts can use the Third Grade Assessment Outcomes for Early Childhood Participants report to see how students previously enrolled in their programs performed on third grade M-STEP assessments. M-STEP performance is shown in the aggregate according to proficiency level, as well as at the student level.